Creating Azure Resource Groups with PowerShell

I am working in a intense DevOps environment so I am creating new Resource Groups in Azure quite often. Doing this the manual way are of course are quite boring and might open up for different types of mistakes. 


So way not make sure that the mistakes are consistent and do it with a script?
I have made the script with an example input file available on my GitHub so you can find it here:

https://github.com/OTvedt/Scripts-For-Sharing/tree/master/Azure/ResourceGroup/Create-ResourceGroup

It is based on information from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/tutorial-role-assignments-user-powershell

And it should be easy to adjust it to your own needs. I am adding "Contributor" and "Reader" and adding two tags too each RG.

I am also always using the same region so I don't have that as in input in the input file, but it is an variable in the script it self. Should be easy to add this to the input file if you need too.

Popular posts from this blog

Installing Android on a Hyper-V virtual machine

MDT: TimeZoneName and index number list

Quick guide on how to run BgInfo background as Group Policy login