The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guides are documents writen by Microsoft to help, like the name says, plan and design implementation of technologies and solutions.
You will fing IPD on the following technologies:
The IPD site are located here
THIS IS THE MAIL RECIVED ABOUT THE IPD BETA:
June 21st, 2012
Open Beta for IPD Guide—Now Available for Download
Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager
The Infrastructure Planning and Design team is working on a new guide:System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager. Get the beta by visiting the Connect website athttps://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=1587&InvitationID=IPDM-QX6H-7TTV&SiteID=14.
This guide outlines the elements that are crucial to an optimized design of Virtual Machine Manager. It leads you through a process of identifying the business and technical requirements for managing virtualization, designing integration with Operations Manager if required, and then determining the number, size, and placement of the VMM servers. This guide helps you to confidently plan for the centralized administration of physical and virtual machines.
Download the Beta!Get theInfrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager by visiting the Microsoft Connect website at:https://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=1587&InvitationID=IPDM-QX6H-7TTV&SiteID=14
Tell us what you think! Download and review the beta guide and then send your feedback to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com by Thursday, July 5th, 2012. We would especially appreciate feedback in the following areas:
· Usefulness – Is the technical depth of this guide sufficient for the topics covered? Will this guide be useful to you on a day-to-day basis? What portions of the guide are the most useful to your organization?
· Usability – Is the structure or flow of this guide effective? Is the information presented in a clear and logical manner? Can you easily find key content?
· Impact – Do you anticipate that this guide will save you time and accelerate deployment of Microsoft products in your organization? Has this guide had a positive influence on your opinion of the Microsoft technologies it addresses?
Benefits for participation:
· You get an early look at the guide.
· You will be listed on the acknowledgments page for providing usable feedback.
We look forward to hearing from you! Your input helps to make each guide as useful as possible. Thanks in advance for taking the time to review the Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
- Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Tell your peers about IPD guides! Please forward this mail to anyone who wants to learn more about Infrastructure Planning and Design guides.
Join the Beta Program
Subscribe to the IPD beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. These are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD Beta Program and would like to join, follow these steps:
1. Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the web browser address bar.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live® ID.
3. Enter your registration information.
4. Continue to the IPD program beta page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
*Stay tuned for other System Center 2012 guides releasing for beta feedback!
Already a member of the IPD beta program? Go here to get the latest IPD beta downloads:https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14